We are looking for a hands-on product development leader who has the ability to manage several different projects simultaneously. This position leads formulation of new and existing products, leads scale-up activities and plant trials and develops product specifications. This position also engages customers in both account management and project management related activities and supports the sales team as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the formulation of new food products including preparation of lab samples, collaboration with customers, and sourcing of raw materials and ingredients.
• Show a solid understanding of functional ingredients required to formulate and achieve results in dry batter, breading, pre-dust, and seasoning mix applications.
• Significantly support Sales and Marketing in developing and delivering effective customer presentations.
• Significantly support Sales and Marketing in the positioning and proactive customer communication on existing and new products.
• Assure customer satisfaction through professional communications and follow up with customers, suppliers and other team members inclusive of sales, production, purchasing, and customer service.
• Work with production and QA and conduct quality control checks on production of new products.
• Develop product formulations.
• Duplicate, modify, and enhance existing seasoning, batter, and/or breading systems.
• Develop finished product specifications.
• Troubleshoot and manage plant tests and optimizing solutions to run within customer production environments.
• Maintain appropriate development documentation.
• Provides effective cross-functional team leadership as necessary on a project basis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year College or University.
• Masters of Science Degree in Food Science is preferred.
• Five years related experience and/or training in working with and formulating dry batter and breading systems.
• Product development experience on appetizer, chicken, or seafood applications is preferred.
• Product development experience with bread and/or panko formulations; working as a baker in a bread production facility is preferred.
• Direct experience in managing customer relationships is preferred.
• Hands on experience in diverse food manufacturing environments.
• A well disciplined individual with exceptional personal organizational skills.
• Has passion for innovation and challenging the status quo.
• Ability to identify creative concepts based on consumer feedback, customer input, or market trends.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Working knowledge of general mathematics and scientific weights and measures.
• Thorough understanding of Food manufacturing operations and production facilities with an extensive familiarity with production equipment and capabilities.
Location: Nampa, ID
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to: